Thursday, September 9, 2010

This Met Me Where I'm At Today


I was listening to some episodes of Family Life Today this evening and came across this audio preview of what will be on next week. It went straight to my heart! You can hear it here. You may need to click on a small box that says "Next Week Preview."
In the event you don't go to the link, here's a quote: "I asked Jill...'What's it like having a child with disabilities?' She said, 'It's every mother's nightmare...Every day I close my eyes, I pick Kim up, I walk up to the foot of the cross and I put her down. I turn my back and walk down.' It was this daily dying that was going through Jill."
That quote resonates with me in ways I cannot even express in this blog. In fact, I don't know that I could express its resonation within me to anyone regardless of mode of communication. I do, however, believe that any mother or father of a special needs child will instantly identify with the depth of emotion. The speaker goes on to express that his daughter was the best gift that God ever could have given to their family. His perspective warmed me and encouraged me.
While perusing Family Life Today's website, I also had opportunity to hear a previous guest named Bunny Williams share her perspective on submission and it rocked! Give her broadcasts a listen too if you have the time. They're applicable for men, women, singles, and married folk....not just married women.

No comments:

Post a Comment